Friday, August 28, 2009

Money Run

Last night my friend Derek said he'd be getting off work early today so we decided to meet at Happy Days at 1:30 for a trail run. My plan was for us to head to Kendall Hills, doing the Pine Hollow loop along the way, and then adding in the Salt Run trail. Considering all the hills, we ran at a pretty good pace the entire time (around 10 minutes/mile avg.) and I was surprised how good my legs felt. It was one of those days where I could tell that I had some extra spring in my step. The only problem was the humidity. Derek and I both commented numerous times on how terribly thick the air was and how hard it was to breathe. I think when I left my apt. the humidity was almost 90%. By the time we were finished our shirts and shorts were completely soaked and we ended up with a total of 10.5 miles.

The highlight of today's run though came towards the end. When we were heading back from the ledges area and flying down the last hill en route to Happy Days, Derek spotted a 5 dollar bill laying on the trail! It was pretty funny because at the beginning of the run we were talking about tonight's Mega Millions drawing, which has a jackpot that is now up to a whopping $333 million. We both said that finding money on the trail was a good omen so Derek agreed to use the money to buy 5 tickets for tonight's drawing. Good luck Derek!