Saturday, March 1, 2008

VR Group Run

Before
This morning my friend Derek picked me up and we headed over to Lock 29 in Peninsula to meet up with the Vertical Runner group for a 7:00 run. The plan was to do 12 miles on roads (since the trails have too much snow), starting from Lock 29, heading south on Akron-Peninsula Rd., looping back around on Ira Rd., and then taking Riverview Rd. back to Main St. in Peninsula. Attendance was pretty good.. about 20-25 people or so. I ran most of the run with Vince Rucci (owner of Vertical Runner), Brandon Russell, a couple guys I met (Aaron and this teacher from Kent State), and about 3 or 4 others. Most of the run was around an 8-8:15 pace, but I was happy that I was able to do two of the last three miles (which are pretty hilly) around a 7:30 pace. My legs felt great during the run and even pretty good afterwards. I can also tell that my breathing is improving with the last couple long runs I've done on the road. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the trails though!

After

No comments: