Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back on the trail

This evening I headed over to the Happy Days Visitor Center for my first run since the Laurel Highlands 70 Miler which was a week and 4 days ago. When I arrived I was surprised to see that the CVNP had changed the big Happy Days sign that used to be displayed before you head into the tunnel under Rt. 303. Click Here to see what it used to look like. I'm not sure if this is the finished product but right now I don't like the way it looks.

Before I left my apt. I realized that I wouldn't be wearing my GPS watch today since Garmin is being replaced under warranty due to water under the screen. I should be getting another one in the mail within a week or two but I knew it would be strange to run without it today. On the other hand I thought to myself that it might actually be nice for a change. Not having to look at time, mileage, etc. would allow me to just have fun and focus on what's important - running! This proved to be true throughout the run. I found myself running free and enjoying the trail as I leaped from rock to rock. I anticipated being a little tired today since my 70 miler wasn't that long ago, but I actually felt like my legs were well rested and full of energy. From Happy Days I went up to the ledges, made a left, followed the trail up to the overlook, then continued to Kendall Lake before heading back to my car. I'm not sure what my mileage was but I was probably running for about an hour or so. I could feel some laziness in my legs setting in on the last big hill up to Happy Days but overall I felt amazing today and already looking forward to my next trail run.

No comments: