Sunday, July 13, 2008

Buckeye Trail / Towpath

This evening I drove over to Pine Lane and planned on getting in some solo trail miles since everyone I talked to was already busy with other plans. As I pulled into the parking lot though I was surprised to see Vince, owner of Vertical Runner, standing around and waiting for his girlfriend Holly to join him for a run. Perfect timing... I said I'd come along and we ran the Buckeye Trail all the way down to the pine tree section, made a right on the road and another right back onto some bridal trails. This was a new section of trails for me, with a few nice uphill climbs. The loop eventually brought us back to Pine Lane and from there I headed over to the Towpath where my wife was doing a couple hours of walking. Once I ran into her I turned around and headed back to my car at Pine Lane for a total of 7.2 miles. The weather was gorgeous tonight (80 degrees) and it's supposed to be dry and sunny for the entire work week leading up the Buckeye Trail 50K on Saturday.

The water level of the Cuyahoga River is definitely up

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Good luck with the 50K. See ya out there!

Brian said...

You too.. Looking forward to it!