Monday, April 26, 2010

I’m in!!

mmt A section of the MMT 100 Trail

Well, after starting out at #48 on the waitlist and slowly making my way up as people dropped out, I finally became an official entrant of the 2010 Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Miler today!  This is considered by many as the toughest 100 miler in the East and notably so, with many large rocks/boulders and over 18,000 ft. of elevation gain on the course.  Last year this race was my first attempt at the 100 mile distance and I ended up timing out at mile 65 after dealing with temperatures in the mid 80’s, a severe storm with hail & lightening, and an all night cold rain.  Since then I was able to complete my first 100 miler though at the 2009 Burning River 100 and have been training each month with my sights still set on this year’s MMT 100.  Here’s a picture of my “visitor award” from last year’s MMT that I’ve kept above my computer all year long to remind me of my ultimate goal.  In a couple weeks I hope to replace this rock with a nice pewter belt buckle finishing award!

DSC09197

2 comments:

trail turkey said...

THAT'S AWESOME! How go kick some butt out there!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting in to MMT.