Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Days Trail Run

Well, I didn't want to wake up early today. And I wanted to watch the first playoff game for the Cavs at noon (which they won 93-86 today against the Washington Wizards). So by the time I headed out the door for a run it was already after 4:00. The weather was great this past week (sunny, upper 70's & low 80's) but the clouds were now starting to roll in. On my way to the Happy Days parking lot I noticed a few raindrops starting to fall. I figured I'd get wet on my run but the temperature was in the upper 70's so it didn't bother me. I decided to run my usual loop from Happy Days to Kendall Lake, then run the 2 mile loop I measured off for the upcoming "No Frills, Just Hills" FA on June 1st. Then head back to Happy Days by taking the lower ledges trail. The rain stayed pretty light the entire run and actually felt very nice. It's been awhile since I've actually enjoyed running in the rain. I could tell by my breathing that my body is not yet acclimated to these warm temps but that will come along with time. As I got back to my car, my total mileage for this run was 6.5 miles.

No comments: