Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Night Trail Run

Tonight I headed over to the Happy Days Visitor Center parking lot with Lloyd and we met up with Kathleen, who was joining us for her first ever night trail run. She just finished her first ultra marathon at the BT50K about a month ago and was pretty excited about our run tonight. Our plan tonight was to do Lloyd's 12 mile "Fools FA" loop at a relaxed pace to get in somewhere around 3 hours of time on our feet. Our streak of good weather continued again this evening with temperatures around 70 and even a little cooler later on. It was slightly humid tonight, but no rain and the trail was dry. This was the first night I was able to test out my recently purchased Fenix L2D handheld light. I must say, it works awesome and I'm amazed at how much light it puts out on 2 AA batteries. Overall it was a great night of running and we're already looking forward to the next one that's planned in a couple weeks.

No comments: