Saturday, April 18, 2009

Boston Store to Brecksville

This morning my brother and I met at the Boston Store @ 9am for a run on the Buckeye Trail. The weather was beautiful... sunny and mid 60's with a high temperature of 70 in the afternoon. We ended up running north towards Brecksville and turned around just after the Brecksville Stables to give us 20 miles total for the day. I was dealing with some major sinus problems, which in turn made my body feel weak, and Jeff wasn't feeling too energetic either so we took it easy and enjoyed the scenery.

It was great to see nature starting to come back to life after such a long winter. My brother and I saw and heard a lot of garder snakes slithering around in the leaves next to the trail. I was able to take this photo of a fairly large one on my way back to the Boston Store before Columbia Rd....

We even got practice some bird calling throughout the day. Here's a video of a wood pecker that we got pretty close to....

Later in the evening we headed to downtown Cleveland for the Banff Mountain Film Festival which was taking place at Playhouse Square. We met Heidi Finniff, Jim Christ, and a friend of his. We all had a great time and enjoyed the High Altitude Party that took place before the films.

No comments: