Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brandywine/Buckeye Trail Run

Tonight I met my brother and Nick Billock at the Boston Store at 6:30 for a 10.5 mile trail run. The weather was perfect for running. Sunny and mid to upper 70's. Dave Peterman, Marty, and Chris also showed up and joined us. The route that Nick had planned for everyone was....

"We'll head up to the Brandywine Falls counter-clockwise and head down the rocky hill to the water crossing then take a right on the asphalt road that leads to the Hostel. We'll pick up the Valley Bridle Trail at the 90 degree turn in the road and take it past Jaite and pick up the Buckeye Trail at Snowville Road (also the location of an aid station for Burning River and the BT50K). Then take the BT back to Boston Store."

I was happy that I could barely feel any soreness around my right ankle. Just a little bit during the middle of the run but that went away totally later on, so hopefully my 5 days of rest are paying off. This was my first run in my new pair of Brooks Cascadia trail shoes and they felt great. They're a lot lighter than my previous Montrail Contintental Divides but still have a good amount of protection for rocks, etc. They should work nicely for the Burning River 100 Miler which will take place on August 1st.

No comments: