Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sunny Lake Park Run

Over the weekend I talked with Mike Keller, who will be attempting his first 100 miler at the Burning River 100 this Saturday, and we decided to plan a short run today at Sunny Lake Park in Aurora. This was Mike's first time here and my 3rd. A couple weeks ago my wife and I decided to check out this park after hearing about it from her boss at work. It is a really beautiful place and I am glad that we were informed of it because we probably wouldn't have found it otherwise. Plus, it is only about 10 minutes from where we live in Streetsboro. Surrounding the lake is a 1.75 mile paved path that is marked each quarter mile.
There are also a couple nice picnic pavillions, a beach volleyball course, a playground for kids, and a section of dirt trails in the woods that I still want to check out sometime to see how far they go. We took it pretty easy today since Mike is tapering for his 100 miler. That was fine with me because it was close to 90 degrees and mostly sunny... and I had been laying by the pool all afternoon after taking a half day off work. Overall, a great summer day!

Showin off the guns...

No comments: