Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pine Lane to Boston Store

This morning I drove over to the Pine Lane trailhead off of Rt. 303 for a run on the Buckeye Trail. I had not eaten any breakfast this morning so I wasn't sure how my body would respond, but surprisingly I didn't feel too bad on the run. I was able to reach the Boston Store (4 miles from Pine Lane) in 40 minutes and was pretty happy with the pace I had maintained despite all the hills. I ran into Vince from Vertical Runner, who was also running from Pine Lane, about a couple miles into my run but told him that I had to continue on because I had not gotten enough miles in yet to turn around and run back with him. Once I reached the Boston Store I took a short break, filled up my water bottle, and then headed back to Pine Lane. My goal was to try to stay around 40 minutes on the way back and succeeded by only running a tad slower, finishing my 8 mile run in an hour and 25 minutes.

Later on in the evening Tami and I went over to the First & Main shopping area in Hudson to grab a smoothie at CaliJuice. This is a great place to enjoy a healthy refreshment. While I was there, I chatted with the owner for a bit and he agreed to be a sponsor for the YUT-C 50K by providing gift certificates for our random door prizes. This was definitely a great addition to our growing number of race sponsors... Thanks again Scott!

No comments: