Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Autumn is coming soon

Well, I haven't been running as much as I'd like to lately but today was just too nice of a running day to pass up. Once the morning rain was over with, the afternoon was sunny with temperatures in the upper 60s. As soon as I got home I got my running stuff and headed out the door for the Boston Store. Vince from Vertical Runner and a couple others were starting their run from Pine Lane at 6 so I told them that I'd run towards them from the Boston Store until I met up with them. Along the way I tried out my new iPod Classic for the first time on a run. I had some techno music blasting so I got into a good groove and probably ran a bit faster than I usually do at the beginning of a run.

It wasn't long until I met up with Vince, Rob, and Nick. I turned around and went back to the Boston Store with them and then we took this bridal trail that runs alongside the Ohio Turnpike back to Pine Lane. I have to say, that hill next to the Turnpike is brutal. But I pushed myself and ran the entire length of it, along with some other ones. Not all of them by choice... but rather because Vince would pull too far ahead if I slacked off.

When we got back to Pine Lane everyone was done, but I still needed to run back to my car. Since I pushed it for the first half I decided to run the Towpath back to the Boston Store to give myself a total of 8 miles for the day. I was happy to get in this run since I'll be running the entire YUT-C 50K course this Saturday. Unfortunately the weather on Sat. doesn't look as dry as today.

No comments: