Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Days to Kendall Hills

Today was another gorgeous day... sunny and upper 70's. We've been enjoying a really long streak of nice weather lately in N.E. Ohio so I've been trying to take advantage of it. Some trees are changing color though and daylight is getting shorter each day, indicating that winter is not too far off.



I parked at the Happy Days Visitor Center tonight and ran the ledges trail up to the overlook. I stopped for a moment and took this photo as the sun was beginning to set...


I then continued towards the Pine Grove trail and did the 1.5 mile loop before heading over to Kendall Hills. As I was on this loop, "This is the End" by the Doors started playing on my iPod and the combination of it getting dark outside and the psychedelic rhythms of Jim Morrison got me pumped up and moving faster. I think this song might cause me to have scary hallucinations though if I listen to it on a 70+ mile run.

On my way back to Happy Days I enjoyed some fast-paced techno music and it kept me in the groove. I was pretty happy with how I felt tonight since this was my 3rd day in a row of running following my 50K run on Sept. 13th. Tonight I finished up with a total of 7 miles.

No comments: