Friday, September 5, 2008

Folk Alley in the Valley

A few months ago my dad told me about FolkAlley.com which streams folk music online 24 hours a day and is based out of Kent, Ohio. They have a very nice website and surprisingly I enjoyed listening to their music, which offers a nice break from your usual everyday music. Plus, being a trail runner this kind of music fits in perfectly with the outdoors.

Earlier this week I got an email from Folk Alley that said they are celebrating their 5th anniversary this month and that they were having a party at the Happy Days Lodge in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park tonight. I decided to check it out. The festivities from 6:30 to 8:00 included free music by Northeast Ohio's rising Americana singer/songwriter and Folk Alley Open Mic favorite - Chris Castle joined by Joe Linstrum and Tony Schaffer. They also had cake, ice cream, and refreshments, along with some drawing prizes.

These events that the CVNP puts on are a great thing for the community and a good way to promote the resources that we have here in Northeast Ohio. Click Here for a list of upcoming performances in the concert series.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I just can't picture you as the folk alley listener.

Brian said...

Haha.. Country is the only music I try to stay away from.