Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lake Erie Monsters

After my run today my brother and I drove up to Cleveland to watch the Lake Erie Monsters take on the Hamilton Bulldogs. Both teams are affiliated with the American Hockey League (AHL), which is one level below the International Hockey League (IHL) and two spots below the National Hockey League (NHL). Since attendance for these games are usually low I always purchase $10 tickets and then move down behind the glass to watch the action. Definitely worth the money for the quality of hockey that you get to see.

During tonight's game the Monsters were down by 2 goals in the 3rd period when all of a sudden they came back and scored 4 consecutive goals to win 6-4. My brother and I both think that we played a big role in this victory by constantly heckling the opponents' goalie throughout the evening.
Here are a couple videos showing the player introductions before the game and some action during the game...

No comments: